Welcome to October! Here’s the latest:
- Last weekend, I was supposed to head to Las Vegas to do some campaigning for Obama, but I got taken down by illness on Friday and so ended up not going. A couple of my friends did go and had a blast, so perhaps I’ll be able to fit in a trip before the election. If not, I’ll still be doing a little bit here and there around Pasadena or on the blogosphere.
- I’m still working on a piece detailing why I support Obama—it may not be the magnum opus that I envisioned it would be simply because I’m taking 14 units (four classes) this quarter and am already busy with school. But I’ll definitely try to update the various sites that I’m blogging at (in addition to the Nog): Amateur Political Commentary, Evangelical Political Analysis, and Fuller’s Blog for Prospective Students.
- The classes I’m taking this quarter are: Church in Mission, Church in American Culture, Communication, and Introduction to Islam. It’s gonna be a busy quarter school-wise, with hundreds of pages to read and analyze each week, various papers and blogs to write and contribute to, speeches to write and prepare. Then again, I’ve been taking a full class load for nine straight quarters … thus far, it’s never not been busy.
- Adding to the busyness, this weekend, I’m gonna be leading worship at a staff retreat for my friend’s church. It’s been awhile since I’ve led, but I’ve enjoyed being back in the saddle this last week, with prepping and planning and praying through sets, and I’m looking forward to seeing what God does.
- As for my leg, I got the stitches out a couple weeks ago and it’s healing up fine; it’s gotten to the stage of getting dry and itchy, and I’m going to have a sweet scar, but it’s healing up a lot quicker than I would’ve thought. I’m so looking forward to being ready to go for the start of the intramural flag football season (next weekend) and getting back to playing soccer, swimming and going to the gym.
- This last week saw the birth of John Denton Lotz, JP and Susan’s fourth kid and first son, so congratulations to them (as well as Hannah, Phoebe and Abigail on the birth of their little bro). I can’t wait to head back to the UK to see them all! (P.S. Happy anniversary to JP and Susan as well!)
- My best friends, Tim and Tiff, are coming out to visit in early November (just after the election, and just before my birthday), so I’m starting to get really, really excited. Tim came out to CA last October, but I haven’t seen Tiff since their wedding last June. Let the good times roll …
And now … back to work.