I feel kind of weird blogging again, having been away for so long. It’s been a crazy-busy few weeks since I last posted. And there’s much that I’ve wanted to write, but I’ve either had no time or no energy or no motivation. So, in no particular order:
- Four days later, I got a great deal on a new MacBook Pro to replace it (thanks, Ivan!).
- Celebrated Chinese New Year in style with Christina and family, and friends.
- Had a phenomenal Valentine’s Day (we’re now on a roll: five consecutive good V-Days and counting): babysitting Jackson, waffle brunch with the neighbors, dim sum brunch, and then …
- Snowboarding for the first time! I only wiped out a couple times (one of which left me with a bruise on the back of my head and minor whiplash), and had a phenomenal time. I’ll post some more pics when Judith gets around to posting them.
- The day after Valentine’s Day was crammed with catching up on schoolwork because of all the fun I had the day before; plus, I was pretty hurting, so sitting at a computer working on papers and reading for most of the day did not help that.
- Had two dim sum runs and a dumpling run, among a number of other culinary expeditions. Food = so good.
On a more serious note, go visit The Sold Project. My friend Rachel is the executive director of this non-profit. Go get informed about child prostitution in Thailand, just one horrible facet of human trafficking which enslaves 27 million people globally. More on this to come.
Oh, and then there’s future news …
It’ll have to wait till next time.Tags: admissions apple child sex trafficking child slavery chinese new year dim sum fuller theological seminary human trafficking inauguration macbook macbook pro melange news snowboarding sold project