- Stimulus spending is patchy.
- Britain mourns its last surviving World War I veteran, Harry Patch, who died aged 111.
- Rupert Murdoch says the age of free news is ending.
- New book "The Snakehead," by Patrick Raddan Keefe, delves into human trafficking in New York’s Chinatown. Excerpted on NPR here.
- The Rio Grande Valley called the "front line" against human trafficking.
- Greenpeace win a victory for virgin forests re tissue production.
- The climate bill (aka HR 2454, or the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009) will cost Americans about … 23c per day.
- Psychologists reject gay ‘therapy’.
- Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney’s book, due to come out in 2010, is going to be called "No Apology: The Case for American Greatness." My friends living outside the US love him already.
- David Bromwich looks at the character of Barack Obama.
- How Netflix does it.
- Twitter went down this morning … *gasp* (Update: phew, it’s back up and running.)