A special weekend edition (since I found time to pop online)!
- Obama’s "green jobs" advisor Van Jones resigns after (rather melodramatic, I think) furor from the right over recent comments. See my previous LOTD post for the context and this Huffington Post article on the saga.
- Also, while we’re at it, why don’t we protest Obama’s exhortation to kids to stay in school? Oh wait, somebody already did …
- The California wildfires are gradually being brought under control.
- The TNIV Bible is getting the axe … because we’re returning to our patriarchal values? I’ll address this more in a future blog.
- A WSJ article on how Facebook ruins friendships.