- The death toll in Indonesia is up over 1,000, with thousands more still trapped.
- A fossil find in Ethiopia may turn evolution theories on their head.
- Tony Blair is in line to become Europe’s first president, assuming the Irish say yes.
- Obama meets McChrystal.
- Jon Stewart lays into Democrat Senators. (Yes, I consider this news, because Jon Stewart is the most trusted newsperson in the US.)
- Here’s the latest on the Baucus bill, which will get voted on next week.
- Tom Friedman wonders where the "we" went.
- The Scientific American investigates whether falling in love makes us more creative.