- It’s Election Day 2009, with a number of races of note going on, including in Virginia, New Jersey, and New York.
- James Dobson steps down from Focus on the Family.
- While Republicans are focused on stopping the Democrats’ larger legislative plans–health-care reform, finance reform, climate change–the latter are pushing through a lot of smaller changes largely unopposed.
- Governor Carcieri of Rhode Island signs a major anti-trafficking bill into law.
- NPR looks at climate change–how it’s affected us so far, and how it will continue to affect us.
- From the geniuses at xkcd.com, movie narrative charts.
- Joss Whedon bids on the Terminator franchise. 🙂