- The House health care bill passes over the weekend, 220-215!!
- Meet Anh “Joseph” Cao, the lone Republican Congressperson to vote for the bill. Here’s a statement from his official website. As reasons go, standing up for the poor and uninsured in your district is a pretty good reason for it. And the fact that he didn’t back down in the face of GOP threats is pretty admirable too. I think I like Rep. Cao.
- Today marks the 20th anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
- Floods hit El Salvador, killing at least 124 people.
- Only 1% of Americans are millionaires, but 44% of Congress fall into that category. Foolocracy lists the richest 25 Members of Congress.
- Thanks to Liz for this:
- London in 1927: