Hope you all had a great Christmas and are recovering nicely from eating bountifully!
- A bomb targeting Shia Muslims goes off in a Pakistani market.
- Ten civilians, including eight children, are killed in fighting in Afghanistan.
- More protests and more arrests in Iran.
- "Avatar," "Sherlock Holmes," and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" lead the US box office to a record haul.
- Republican Senator John Cornyn (TX) and Democrat Senator Ron Wyden (OR) cooperate to introduce an anti-trafficking bill.
- Andrew Sullivan considers 2009 a pretty good year for Barack.