Happy New Year, friends!
I hope you were all able to get some rest over the Christmas season. On Day Three of 2013, you get Part Two in the “Exciting News for 2013” series. (Yeah, there’s still more to come!)
First, I’m eagerly anticipating more speaking opportunities these first few months, in addition to preaching at The District Church:
- I’ll be guest preaching at Downtown Baptist Church in Old Town Alexandria, just across the Potomac River, this month (Jan 27); and at New Journey Church in Centreville, VA, next month (Feb 17).
- In March, I’ll be back in the UK for a couple weeks for a friend’s wedding, and I’ll be returning to my alma mater, London School of Theology, seven years after graduation, and I’ll get to give the message at chapel.
- And in April, I’ll be co-leading a couple of workshops at the inaugural conference of Missio Alliance, a gathering that explores that church’s mission in the 21st century. One workshop will be on ministry in the city, and another on the church’s call to justice.
Second, I’m already so grateful for how you’ve given: I’ve already raised over $3,000! I’ve set the goal to have the rest raised by the end of January, so …
You’re welcome to do this:
- by check, payable to “The District Church” with “For the Ministry of Justin Fung” in the memo, and mailed to The District Church, PO Box 3116, Washington, DC 20010;
- online here, selecting “Ministry of JF” from the dropdown menu.
[All gifts are fully tax-deductible.]
And if you’re part of The District Church and you’ve been supporting me, thank you first of all–I’ve appreciated your focused giving so much–but let me now encourage you to give directly to the church, with the reassurance that they’re working toward fully supporting me financially.