Denzel gave a homily (my interpretation) to young aspiring actors the other day. Another reason to love this man!
- The desire in our hearts for things that are good is God’s proof to us, sent beforehand, to indicate that it is ours already.
- Dreams without goals remain dreams and ultimately fuel disappointment.
- Goals on the road to achievement cannot be achieved without discipline and consistency.
- Put your shoes way under the bed at night so that you’ve got to get on your knees in the morning, and while you’re down there, thank God for grace and mercy and understanding.
- If you just start thinking about all the things you’ve got to say thank you for, that’s plenty.
- We each have a unique gift given so that we can touch and affect people.
- You’ll never see a uHaul behind a hearse: it’s not how much you have; it’s what you do with what you have.
[Photo: BBC, 2010]