Okay, so I wasn’t intending to wait a month before getting back to you, so apologies there! Anyway, on to the news: I originally had just one announcement but I figured I’d throw in another–just for fun.
So without further ado …
Announcement #1: ONLY $1,000 TO GO!
Thanks to all of your amazing support (both regular giving and special gifts) as well as the church’s expanded capacity to pay me a little more, I’ve almost hit 100% of my target for this year, with a third of the year still left to go! I have about $1,000 more to raise in order to meet my budget goal, and so I’m asking if you’ll help with one final push (details below).
Announcement #2: THREE WEEKS IN A ROW!
I’m going to be preaching the next three weeks at The District Church! I’m so excited and honored and thankful to Aaron for giving me this opportunity–I’ve been averaging once a month, but Aaron and I agreed this would be a great challenge and a chance to craft something over consecutive weeks. So I’ll be bringing home our current series on Galatians, entitled “Who’s In?” I’d appreciate your prayers, particularly over the coming weeks.
Things are getting pretty busy, with the aforementioned preaching, a trip to Madison, WI for a conference, and gearing up for the fall. And perhaps for this reason (and/or for other additional reasons), I haven’t been sleeping well for the last week or so. So if you could pray for me in this too, I’d appreciate it.
Grace and peace to you,
P.S. I’ve started doing more music on the side, performing at venues with friends (see previous emails and pic below, taken by my friend Sarah), and I’m sure I’ll have more exciting news soon on this front. But in the meantime, I thought I’d share with you a track I recorded a couple years back. It’s a little different to what I normally do, but I hope you like it nonetheless. Enjoy: Embrace (click to download).
- By giving financially, whether regularly or with a special gift; details below.
- By praying for me, for the work I’m involved in, and for the growing District Church community.
- By connecting me with individuals, organizations, or churches, that you think would be interested in supporting what’s going on here in DC.
- by check, payable to “The District Church” with “For the Ministry of Justin Fung” in the memo, and mailed to The District Church, PO Box 3116, Washington, DC 20010;
- online here, selecting “Ministry of JF” from the dropdown menu.
All gifts are fully tax-deductible.