- A bomb hits the Indian Embassy in Afghanistan.
- The Nobel Prize in literature goes to Herta Mueller.
- Pew reports that one in four is Muslim.
- US legal pot growers cut into Mexican traffickers’ profits.
- The President finds support from outside the party and outside the Beltway: Schwarzenegger, Thompson, Gephardt, Bloomberg, Dole.
- Nick Kristof: "If health care reform doesn’t get passed, how about we let Congress go without insurance?"
- According to the CBO, the Baucus bill will reduce the deficit.