… might look like this:
Play softball: check.
- My first proper exercise in five weeks! And I went 6-8 in our pickup games and got a little sunburned to boot. Oh, how I’ve missed the glorious ache of well-used muscles.
Get homework done: check.
- Wrote a journal entry and a book review, and read about 250 pages on Bonhoeffer, including the first half of Letters & Papers from Prison. Expect some quotes, poems, and more things Bonhoeffer on the Nog soon.
Get ASC work done: check.
- Attended to various emails, forms, admin stuff. Tiring. But it needed to be done.
Go to church: check.
- This morning, Don Miller–author of Blue Like Jazz, To Own a Dragon, and a few other books that adorn my bookshelf, as well as a good friend of Ecclesia–gave the sermon from John 20:19-31; Liz has a good writeup. I like Don and agree (generally) with much of what he has to say (as found in his books), but like Liz, I was a little surprised at the tack he took regarding doubt this morning. I’m not sure whether or not he meant to be as down on doubt as he actually was, or whether it was an unintended corollary of being so assertive about the necessity of having faith in Christ (with which I agree). You can check out the podcast by searching Ecclesia Hollywood on iTunes; or just go here: it’s up now.
Watch Arsenal beat Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi-Final and the Mariners sweep the Tigers: …
- I suppose I had been riding high a little bit, sports-wise. Can’t have that lasting too long now, can we? *sigh*
Finally, go support the movement to free Iranian-American journalist Roxana Saberi. You can do this on twitter (@freeroxana) and Facebook. And for more information on the story, check out this BBC news article.