Starting with an oldie but a goodie … Star Wars as retold by a person who’s never actually seen it:
- Sonia Sotomayor was confirmed as the next US Supreme Court Justice by the Senate by a count of 68-31. Here’s President Obama’s response.
- Bill O’Reilly sings Obama’s praises … seriously.
- Jobless claims are down; 247,000 in July from 443,000 in June (though still higher than anyone would like).
- Director John Hughes (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink) died of a heart attack. Check out this tribute video montage.
- INTERPOL’s report on their West African operation, which rescued 54 child slaves.
- Sex trafficking in Minnesota?
- The Irish Times covers trafficking.
- Trafficking victims in Malaysia seek justice.
- Steven Pearlstein dissects Republican attacks on health care reform.
- Which include comparing Obama to Hitler. Because, as one commenter on Digg put it, “killing 6 million innocent people and trying to provide health care for 50 million Americans are pretty much the same thing.” Obviously.
- Shannyn Moore looks at how artificial protesters are killing democracy.
- In the aftermath of the journalists’ release by North Korea, Joe Conason investigates Clinton Derangement Syndrome.
- Ray Charles covers Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire”.