- A bomb hits the Indian Embassy in Afghanistan.
- The Nobel Prize in literature goes to Herta Mueller.
- Pew reports that one in four is Muslim.
- US legal pot growers cut into Mexican traffickers’ profits.
- The President finds support from outside the party and outside the Beltway: Schwarzenegger, Thompson, Gephardt, Bloomberg, Dole.
- Nick Kristof: "If health care reform doesn’t get passed, how about we let Congress go without insurance?"
- According to the CBO, the Baucus bill will reduce the deficit.
- "Lowly females pick mediocre males" … at least in the bird world.
- Shep Smith on bacon cheese doughnut burgers being "signs of the Apocalypse." I’m wiling to go with him here and allow a little hyperbole, because those things look like death in a burger. Seriously …