- Heartbreaking: girls sell sex in Hong Kong for shopping money.
- Some coal plants are dumping waste into drinking water sources. How generous of them …
- According to the Guttmacher Institute, bans do not reduce the number of abortions. Unsafe abortions kill 70,000 women a year.
- The Senate Finance Committee passed its bill, 14-9, with Sen. Snowe (R-ME) the only Republican to cross party lines.
- Sen. Lindsey Graham is really getting it from the right for working with Sen. John Kerry on climate change legislation.
- A follow-up to the suggestion that email is on its way out: why email will never die.
- The world’s “most beautiful object”: this fireplace.
- Social stratification in social networking? Apparently so.