Here’s a review on Venture Beat.
- Greater access to anti-retroviral drugs (ARVs) has helped to cut the death toll from HIV by more than 10% over the last five years.
- Research shows that climate is a major cause of conflict in Africa.
- The death toll in election-related violence in the Philippines rises to 46.
- Americans are split over Afghanistan.
- Unexpected headline #2408: Bill O’Reilly keeps Sarah Palin honest. One of the highlights has got to be her questioning of Joe Biden’s experience … oh, psh, it’s only 40 years.
- Yet another racist iPhone app: Meet a Chinese Girl. Really?!
Two of my favorite shots from the last two weeks were taken on my iPhone.
First, the sunset over Snake Pond, Mass. (I posted this previously, but here it is again.) And second, the Basilica in DC.
I’m back! Pics from the crazy busy, but super fun, weekend will be up soon.
- Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Ma) succumbed to cancer; he was 77. Here’s Jim Wallis on Ted Kennedy. And Time has a photo essay. Rest in peace, Ted; you’ll be missed.