Welcome to 2010! (Here’s Jon Stewart’s review of 2009.)
Since there was ZERO net job creation in the US over the last decade, let’s hope the next ten years go a little better, shall we?
- France joins the US and the UK in shutting its Yemen embassy.
- The NY Times offers a fascinating look inside Barack’s war on terrorism. And WaPo defends the President against critics who say he’s "soft on terror."
- Cory Booker, mayor of Newark, NJ, is fast becoming one of my favorite people. Check out this awesome story.
- Avatar breaks $1 billion, worldwide.
- From Foolocracy: "Rush Limbaugh praised the American health care system while in a Hawaiian hospital for a couple of days during the last week. What he did not mention is that Hawaii has the most socialized system of any of the 50 states and, with its near universal healthcare, resembles the Obama health care plan."
- The Nation investigates the ICE’s detention facilities.
- Read Jim Wallis’s op-ed in WaPo yesterday: "A religious response to the financial crisis."
- Rich Mouw considers a poetic revision of "In Christ Alone." I think I agree with him (and Tom Wright).
- If you haven’t already subscribed to xkcd, I think you should: