Apologies for the long silence–things have been busy these last few weeks: after Ash passed away, I headed to the UK for a few days for his funeral. Then I was away at the Fresh Expressions US National Gathering for a couple days. And then I was off to California for a vacation/catch-up-with-friends for a week, from which I got back at 6:30am this morning.
It’s been good–tough and tiring, but good. God has been present even in the midst of some difficult situations. And while I’m physically tired from traveling, the last couple weeks have been spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and relationally refreshing. So I’m thankful for that.
I can’t wait to get back to life as normal, including blogging regularly again. There are plenty of things that God’s been laying on me that I’m looking forward to sharing soon.
But I have to say, being at the beach is always restful, and I’ve missed it. Manhattan Beach (below) is definitely one of my faves.
Beautiful. This makes me miss California.
Today, a friend of mine back in California was baptized (in the Pacific Ocean, no less). While I wish I could’ve been there, seeing the pictures on Facebook had to suffice. And even then, I got a little choked up.
Ivan, my brother, welcome to another chapter of life. I pray that God brings you peace, joy and a whole lot of adventure!
- Woke up at 3:45am to take N&L to Reagan/National Airport. They discovered their car had a flat tire. I drove them in A&A’s car.
- On the way back, missed the 395 N turning. Drove a little way into VA with the fuel light glaring at me before finally making my way to a gas station, then home and falling (eventually) back to sleep. Slumbered fitfully with the yammering and hammering of E going on in the background from 7ish onwards.
- Got the car tire fixed; booked a tattoo appointment for this weekend; got home; did some work; ate delicious leftovers for lunch; entertained E until A&A got home.
- Met up with K, who was in town from California for an interview, for a quick chat at the Logan Circle Caribou.
- Drove to the intern house to pick up dinner for A&A; waited for Simps to get home. Picked up food; came out to car; slipped on ice with food in hands, which meant I had no hands to break my fall. Broke it with my back instead; better than my head. Winded and jarred, but fortunately nothing worse—feeling a little sore now, though!
- Dropped off food; headed to GWU for Pulitzer Center/Human Rights Watch event on the Lord’s Resistance Army. Traffic was moving at a snail’s pace; eventually found parking but I was late so didn’t think straight—I didn’t put any money in the meter!
- The event was good and interesting—predominantly from the journalistic perspective, which was a different one to hear from. Check out Pulitzer Center and Human Rights Watch.
- Came back to the car to drop off I&J at Union Station; found the parking ticket. Told them about my date.
- Back home to pack up my stuff and shift things over to the place I’m house-sitting.
- Done by midnight.
Time for bed. What an eventful day.