- Senator Harry Reid unveils the Senate health-care bill, which the CBO estimates will cost $849 billion over 10 years (beneath the $900 billion cap set by the President) and will cover 94% of the population.
- A vicar and his wife forgive the girls who drove their daughter to suicide.
- Economic growth is predicted for 2010. Let’s hope it pans out that way!
- A US judge rules that army engineer negligence led to massive flooding when Katrina hit.
- Good news from Afghanistan:
- California approves energy standards for TVs.
- The Scientists and Evangelicals Initiative pushes for climate change legislation in the US.
- France go through to the World Cup after knocking Ireland out in the qualifier playoff. Thierry Henry is one of my favorite players in the world, but seriously?!