- Senator Harry Reid unveils the Senate health-care bill, which the CBO estimates will cost $849 billion over 10 years (beneath the $900 billion cap set by the President) and will cover 94% of the population.
- A vicar and his wife forgive the girls who drove their daughter to suicide.
- Economic growth is predicted for 2010. Let’s hope it pans out that way!
- A US judge rules that army engineer negligence led to massive flooding when Katrina hit.
- Good news from Afghanistan:
- California approves energy standards for TVs.
- The Scientists and Evangelicals Initiative pushes for climate change legislation in the US.
- France go through to the World Cup after knocking Ireland out in the qualifier playoff. Thierry Henry is one of my favorite players in the world, but seriously?!
MiscellaneousTags: afghanistan agriculture barack obama book recommendations christians climate change economy eugene cho faith football forgiveness fox news france handball harry reid health care reform hurricane katrina ireland lego negligence new orleans poppies scientists and evangelicals initiative soccer thierry henry wheat